SMD Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SMD Forum

A place for people on the Scarsdale Medical Diet to share recipies, ideas, triumphs and tribulations.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to SMD Forum

We're glad you are here

Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Foodli14

Welcome to our newest members GracieGirl, Simply~Serene, & nia

Congratulations to Simply~Serene...8 lbs!

Latest topics
» MY LAST TRIP TO COSTCO
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 pm by Colt

» Week 3/8-3/14
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:28 am by admin

» Long term goals
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 am by admin

» Can we?
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 pm by poohcl13

» The Diet
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:28 am by Colt

» Low carb Nachos
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:20 am by Colt

» Welcome Simply~Serene
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 am by Colt

» Pico de gayo
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm by Colt

» Poached salmon with cucumber and dill sauce
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm by Emma

Hi from Saskatchewan
Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 pm by Northhillgal
Hi I am Lori. In August 2010 my 23 year old son ended up in hospital with heart problems. He was put on heart medication (for the rest of his life) and was told to lose weight. To help him out, I volunteered to go on a diet with him and he could come to my house any day and I would always have "diet" food for him. We started the SMD that day. Unfortunately he gave up after the first week, but I …

Comments: 0
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 7 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 pm
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of SMD Forum on your social bookmarking website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Free Domains

Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
poohcl13

Aquarius Posts : 9

Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Empty
PostSubject: Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker   Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Ingredients-
~1 quart milk (any kind- I use coconut or sometimes I have been trying almond!)
~1-2 Tablespoons plain yogurt with active culture or 1-2 Tablespoons of a commercial starter culture (available at natural food stores)

Steps-
~1- Warm up the milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until bubbles appear around the edge and steam rises from the surface.
~2- Pour the milk into a large bowl to cook until the temperature reaches 110 to 115 degrees on a cooking thermometer. If you don't have a thermometer, do what the locals do: the temperature is correct when you can keep your index finger in the warm milk for 20 seconds.
~3- Put the starter in a small bowl, add some of the heated milk, and stir until well blended. Return the mixture to the large bowl, a 1/3 at a time, making sure all is well blended. Cover with a heavy towel and keep in a warm place 6-8 hours or overnight (a gas oven with a pilot light is fine, or a placing a saucepan of hot water in the oven to raise the temperature will help if your home is not warm enough).
~4- When set, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving. If thick yogurt is desired, empty chilled yogurt in a muslin bag or cheese cloth, suspend over a bowl, and drain.
Back to top Go down
Northhillgal

Libra Posts : 17

Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker   Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow this sounds really good! Can you use skim milk?
Back to top Go down

Home-made Yogurt without a Yogurt maker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SMD Forum :: The Recipe Book :: Recipes and Meal Suggestions-
Jump to: